Recent and Upcoming NAHDO-Sponsored Webinars
Check the NAHDO Calendar for Upcoming Webinars
Recordings of Recent Webinars
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #10 - Claims-Based Analysis During COVID-19
- Nichole Sanders, Assistant Director of Analytics at Arkansas Center for Health Improvement (ACHI) “Healthcare Claims and Other Data Linkage to Support Arkansas’s Local Area COVID-19 Impact and Risk Reporting”
- María de Jesús Díaz-Pérez, Director of Research and Performance, and Cari Frank, Vice President of Communication and Marketing at Center for Improving Value in Health Care (CIVHC) “Using Claims Data to Chart the Course of COVID-19 in Colorado”
- Carol Irvin, Senior Fellow at Mathematica “Tracking the effects of the Public Health Emergency on Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries"
August 11, 2021 - Watch a recording of the event here.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #9 - Telehealth and COVID-19
- Chad Ellimoottil, MD, MS, Assistant Professor & Director of University of Michigan’s Telehealth Research Incubator, “Evaluating the impact of telehealth on access, quality and costs”
April 30, 2021 - Watch the recorded session.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #8 - Using and Understanding COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Jill Rosenthal, Senior Program Director at The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) “Using data to identify trends and priorities in state COVID-19 vaccine roll out”
- Rae-Ann Ginter, IT Manager, Amara Pallavaram, Portfolio Manager & Brandon Vargo, Statistician at the Pennsylvania Department of Health “PA Vaccine Dashboard”
- Kate Kiefert, Consultant at Amelia Mayme Consulting
March 26, 2021 - Watch the recorded session.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #7 - Accessing and Analyzing COVID-19 Vaccine Data
- Pat Merryweather-Arges, Executive Director at Project Patient Care
- Jon Reid, USIIS Program Manager at Utah Department of Health
- Kate Dovgala, Director of Health Program Improvement at Mathematica
- Paul Messino, Senior Researcher at Mathematica
January 29, 2021 - Watch the recorded session.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #6
- Ravi Goyal, Senior Statistician at Mathematica and Cindy Hu, Data Scientist at Mathematica “What's the risk? A comparison of COVID-19 forecasting models”
- Leah Hole-Marshall, JD, General Counsel and Chief Strategist at Washington Health Benefit Exchange “Best Available Data to Inform Decisions in a Pandemic”
July 29, 2020 - Watch the recorded session.
NAHDO Data Acquisition and Enhancement: Rural Health and Telehealth
This session will provide insights into rural health and telehealth analyses using merged administrative healthcare data sources.
- Mike Motley, Director of Analytics, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement (ACHI)
- Kenley Money, Director of Information Systems Architecture, ACHI
July 23, 2020
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #5
- Tyler Winkelman, Co-Director at Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Pamela Mink, Director of Health Services Research at Minnesota Department of Health “Minnesota Data Consortium COVID-19 Data Sharing”
July 16, 2020 - Watch the recorded session.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #4
This session will feature presentations by three health data experts who will share their experience developing and using new health data health data in light of the pandemic response.
- Michael Lundberg, Executive Director at Virginia Health Information - "Closing the Loop: Sharing COVID-19 Information Among Hospitals, Public Health Entities, Providers and Laboratories"
- Katie Eckert, CPA, Vice President, Health Care Payment with Maryland Hospital Association - “Maryland hospital data collection and analysis to inform surge capacity planning, COVID dashboards, and federal reporting”
- Jeff Ballou, Ph.D., Director of Health Program Improvement with Mathematica
June 4, 2020 - Watch the recorded session.
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #3
This session included a facilitated round table discussion featuring experts from different healthcare system perspectives.
- Melody Craff, MD, Ph.D., Director, Strategic Analytic Services and Research at Milliman MedInsight
- Michael Chernew Ph.D., Leonard D. Schaeffer Professor of Health Care Policy at Harvard University and Partner, VBID Health and Chair of MEDPAC
- Moderator: Joel Ario, Managing Partner, Manatt
May 27, 2020: Watch a recording of the event here
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group Session #2
NAHDO and Mathematica are pleased to announce the launch of a new learning collaborative called the "COVID-19 Health Data Users Group." Based on the needs identified at our recent Kickoff Meeting, we have arranged for our first webinar for group members.
- Dana Richardson, RN, BSN, MHA and Jim Auron, MPA with the Wisconsin Health Information Organization - Frontline experience using COVID-19 data and information sharing with public health to communicate with high-risk populations
- Sule Gerovich, Ph.D. with Mathematica - Group discussion on using data to inform contact tracing
- Nikole Helvey from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration - Frontline experience sharing and accessing COVID-19 data in Florida
May 1, 2020: Watch a recording of the event here
Understanding Data Issues in the Context of Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
As part of our on-going work with AHRQ, NAHDO has scheduled this informational webinar for health data organizations (HDOs). The goal is to help HDOs understand issues related to the collection and use of health care data in the context of care provided under alternate payment models. We have arranged for experts from three states that are leading the pack on this effort and are willing to share their knowledge.
- Emilie Sites, Project Manager, Comagine Health
- Mathew Spaan, Manager of Care Delivery and Payment Reform, Minnesota Department of Human Services [Slides]
- Erin Bonney, Manager of Payer-Provider Performance, Massachusetts Center for Health Information and Analysis [Slides]
- Zachary Goldman, Economic Policy Advisor and Trang Weitemier, APAC Program Analyst, Oregon Health Authority [Slides]
April 30, 2020: Watch a recording of the event here
COVID-19 Health Data Users Group, Kickoff Meeting
NAHDO and Mathematica invite all health data users to join a new learning collaborative called the "COVID-19 Health Data Users Group." Over 100 data users attended the Kickoff Meeting.
April 15, 2020: Watch a recording of the event here.
NAHDO Special Edition Web Conference - COVID-19 & Health Data
Links to recordings:
March 25, 2020: Watch a recording of the main session here
March 27, 2020: Watch a recording of the follow-up session here