Healthfirst is a provider-sponsored health insurance company that serves more than 1.2 million members in downstate New York. With more than 4,000 employees, a network of nearly 30,000 providers, and revenues in excess of $8.6 billion, Healthfirst is one of the largest health plans in the New York City area.
We are seeking a Data Manager, Managed Care to join our team in NYC. In this key role, the Data Manager will assume ownership of all data initiatives specific to the Finance Department to support month end close processes, audits, internal and external reporting requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
· Responsible for all user acceptance testing for new products and processes related to the departments Actuarial Datamart which includes data for medical claims, pharmacy, revenue, ancillary and risk adjustment
· Develop methodologies for and conduct ad-hoc analyses as needed on data management needs
· Manage a team of programmers and analysts.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Extensive work experience in healthcare claims data management
· Experience working with large programs/projects and interdisciplinary teams
· Extensive experience with SAS or SQL - create queries and manipulation of data including macros, functions, data step and proc sql
· Ability to work with large data sets
· Extensive knowledge of managed care financial metrics, pmpm, util/k
· Must be able to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
· Strong analytic, organizational and communication skills
· Master's Degree from an accredited institution
· Ability to manage projects and project plans within stated time lines
· Resourceful and creative in solving complex issues and working corroboratively with others on a solution
· Solid understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
· Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Exhibits effective negotiating skills
At Healthfirst, we strive to create an environment where every member of our team receives the tools, support, and opportunities he or she needs to excel, grow and achieve. As a Healthfirst employee, you will be a part of a thriving, collaborative community that is making new waves in the healthcare industry. We cultivate our high performance culture, provide a top-notch Total Rewards Benefits Program, and focus on career growth because we believe that our employees are our best investment.
For a complete job description and to apply: