Position: Office Coordinator
Summary: NAHDO is looking for an individual to join our team to coordinate administrative operations and provide program support. We are a small nonprofit, located near downtown Salt Lake City, with organizational members across the nation.
Job Description: The Office Coordinator is responsible for conducting administrative duties in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations and to support other projects in collaboration with senior staff. The candidate should have knowledge of bookkeeping with preference given to candidates with a working knowledge of QuickBooks.
For the right individual, this is a full-time career track position in non-profit administration, though we would consider part-time for some individuals.
Coordinate business office:
- Organize and prioritize tasks and projects
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management
- Pay supplier invoices in timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers
- Ensure receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Coordinate communication, invoices, and acknowledgments for annual memberships
- Maintain membership directory and contact list
- Update website content and social media postings
- Provide backup support to project manager for various projects/functions, as needed
Skills / Qualifications:
- Nonprofit experience not required, but preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Excellent computer skills with strong working knowledge of QuickBooks, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; website experience a plus
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, monitoring schedules, and meeting deadlines
- Must be organized and respond to necessary items in a timely manner
- Must be self-motivated, but also able to work as part of a small team
- Bookkeeping experience and other financial capabilities a plus
Salary range: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for this position.