Data Manager --Dana-Farber Cancer Institute -- Boston
This position within the Center for Cancer Genetics and Prevention in collaboration with faculty investigators and the research team is responsible for data collection, data management and data quality of national and/or institutional multi-disease genetics databases (or an equivalent large-scale project).
- Maintains data collection, data management, and data quality on several large scale institutional and multi-disease genetics databases (or an equivalent large-scale project).
- Collaborates with disease-specific faculty investigators and other team members on data transfers, data cleaning, creating and analyzing large datasets and other data management issues relevant to epidemiological research
- Responsible for the development of data presentation slides for meetings and conferences on supported projects
- Works on clinical data abstraction and genetics database updates across several projects.
- Consults with and advises programmers and project staff on data issues during project development and implementation.
- Generates reports and de-identified datasets for internal and external collaborators.
- Designs processes for maintaining timely, complete and high quality data collection.
-Master of Public Health or Master of Science degree with 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
-Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Biostatistics or Epidemiology with 2-3 years of related experience.
-Must have the ability to function independently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
-Knowledge of cancer as a disease process.
-Must have experience with database development and data analysis.
-Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required.
-Must have computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
-Skilled at managing, analyzing and interpreting large clinical datasets.
-Familiarity with statistical analysis software including SAS, Stata and R software.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/g9dxcy8z7c