November 9-10, 2021
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Registration Closes When Spaces are Filled (no later than November 4, 2021)
WHAT TO EXPECT
NAHDO is hosting a workshop with six topic-driven sessions designed to identify solutions to some of the current challenges facing health data organizations.
Attendees will experience the following:
- Make connections with other attendees that have similar interests, face similar challenges, or that can provide solutions to issues
- Understand how others view the issues discussed in the workshop
- Share knowledge and experience from your program
- Identify new opportunities and solutions to challenges or issues
This will be very different than a typical 2-day seminar:
- No pre-scripted presentations (no slide shows!)
- Everyone will participate, share and learn
- Ample opportunity to work on issues and challenges in small groups
WHO IS COMING?
Everyone working with administrative healthcare data is invited, including program directors and managers, data and policy analysts, consultants and advisers, researchers, and database administrators. Space is limited, so you will want to register now. We already have a great list of attendees who are excited to network and share ideas. You can meet:
- At least seven state health data organizations are committed, including participants from the CEO level and technical experts in both hospital discharge and claims data.
- Leaders from NAHDO, APCD Council, the National Association of Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS), and NAHDO Members
- Our Sponsors:
- Freedman HealthCare - John Freedman, Linda Green, Tanya Bernstein & Mary Jo Condon
- Onpoint Health Data - Jim Harrison (tentative)
Each workshop session will last approximately three hours and will be designed to maximize personal interaction.
NOTE: Workshop topics are examples only and are included for illustrative purposes. Final decisions about workshop topics will be made later.
Fly-in Day, November 8
Possible opportunity for early arrivers to organize into dinner groups or participate in local activities
Workshop Day 1 - November 9
7:30-8:30 a.m. Networking breakfast
8:30-11:30 a.m. Concurrent Workshops
Working Toward More Complete Databases (Joint with NAPHSIS)
- Race and Ethnicity Data
- Geographic and Location Data
- Linking to Other Data Sources
Managing a Health Data Program: Building and Managing Relationships
11:30-1:00 p.m. Lunch and Networking Opportunities
1:00-4:00 p.m. Concurrent Workshops
Emerging Concepts in Health Data and Analysis (Joint with NAPHSIS)
- Multistate/Regional Databases
- The APCD-CDLTM, Non-claims payments, and other opportunities to work together
- The Future of Groupers and Metrics
- Health Data Program Administration and Financing
- Data Stewardship
- Successful Procurement
- Financial Opportunities and Achieving Sustainability
4:30-5:30 p.m. Networking Reception
5:30-7:30 p.m. Networking Dinners - Participants will be organized into dinner groups to go together to local restaurants
Workshop Day 2 - November 10
7:30-8:30 a.m. Networking breakfast
8:30-10:30 a.m. Concurrent Workshops
Using Health Data to Support Public Health and Population Health
Using Health Data to Support Good Public Policy
10:30-11:30 a.m. Joint Session
- Idea Sharing, Lessons Learned and New Commitments
11:30-1:00 p.m. Networking Lunch
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Registration fee is $750. Use this form to register.
If you have already registered and need to pay by credit card, use this button:
LOCATION & HOTEL RESERVATIONS
We will be hosted by the historic Hotel Andaluz Albuquerque, a Curio Collection by Hilton hotel. Located downtown just 5 miles from the Albuquerque Sunport, it is also a short walk/ride to Old Town Albuquerque.
We have arranged for a room block at the current federal per diem of $111 per night. The room block expires at 5 p.m. on October 15, 2021. Cancellations must be made until 48 hours before check in. Rates are also good for 3 days before or after the meeting.